Friday, May 15, 2009

CSA Box #2


I forgot to take a picture last week - but this weeks box was very similar so it should give you a good idea of what we were given. We enjoyed our spoils all week, and I have some of the veggies roasting right now to be made into a soup similar to this one. (minus the mussels)


I was nervous that our greens would come in bunches and I would always have to wash them and prepare them. Not that I can't wash lettuce - but the fact that they come washed and ready to go makes it much easier to pack for lunch.


Aidan was a real trooper and tried all the new veggies too. We decided we really like overwintered parsnips, and I am going to add some to our carrot soup tonight! I also enjoyed my first cup of Kickapoo coffee this morning. You will have to stop by for a cup!

No comments: