Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I'm so tardy........







I haven't blogged in awhile- my apologies.



You see, I've been busy.



No, not really doing anything productive, I have gone to two plays in the past week, enjoyed dinner out, sold a bunch of bags, and someone finally talked me into reading the Twilight series, so on sunny days you can find me on the deck. I am almost embarrassed to say I am reading them - everyone I know is reading them - and that fact alone usually would make me not want to read them. But I am - I was sucked right in, and I have #3 waiting for me to read later tonight.






I did enjoy participating in a little local art sale last weekend. I'm posting a few pictures. It was small, but we had lots of the right kind of people, both sellers and buyers, which is all you need for a successful day. (Plus a great venue. Thanks Ali and Sherry.) I did quite well - as a matter of fact I am having a little moral struggle right now. Save the money - or buy the kitchen chairs. I won't bore you with my entire list of pro's and con's, but lets just say the money is safely deposited at the moment. (While I wait for our next dinner guest to come crashing to the floor, which actually would be good, then James would realize the peril we are in as we sit at the table!) I may have to swing through Anthro for some Mother's Day gifts, and if they should so happen to be marked down again, I will take that as my green light. I'll be sure to keep you posted!

I have a few more blog posts to write while I have the chance- so check back tomorrow! (I know- you can hardly wait!) Tomorrow is also the day I pick up my first CSA box. I am so excited to see what I will have! I will have to tell you all about it.




4 comments:

downthegardenpath said...

plays?? reading on the deck?? and here i've been checking in vain for a new entry, feeling sorry for you with all the busy-ness of sewing etc....

Anonymous said...

I say buy the chairs. All that hard work and nothing to show for it, huh? Life is too short to let the chairs pass you by. Think how happy they will make you.Think how happy the rest of us will be when the chairs are no longer an issue and you can spend time on other things.

bethany said...

Glad your show went well! By the way, I love that little green bag in your "What I Have Been Doing This Week" post! Are those little blue birdies I spy on it? So sweet!

All of your plays and books sound like fabulous spring activities :)

Hope you're having a fab weekend!

Secondstreetdesigns said...

don't worry mom - i was working very hard too! it was nurses week and so i had lots of extracurricular work activities to work on. ANd i barely started book three, b/c i really haven't had too much time to read, but I didn't want to make a "woe is me I am so stinking busy" post, b/c I know everyone is busy.

and the chairs- i am going to check them out on Tuesday. i just haven't had a chance to drive that way. but yes- if they are there I will get them and then you need to come over, Leslie, and sit in them!