Thursday, April 9, 2009

You know what would be great?


If I could make up my mind. Let me explain.

So this past weekend I was very aware that our kitchen chairs are about to fall apart. Every squeak and groan made me nervous, and I kept going around and adjusting the pieces that were falling apart. I have, to date, been unable to buy the chairs I have been stalking, because it seems they will never clearance out, so I am wondering if I should come up with a plan B. (and in case you are wondering, the kitchen chairs were re-glued and re-screwed 2 years ago)









I found some other beautiful chairs while shopping with my mom this weekend, and I am tossing around the idea of finding some chairs at the Goodwill and painting them to look like this. ( I cannot for the life of me find a picture of the chairs I saw at Anthro, but I know at $300.00 each they were out of question!) Black chairs definitely would add a little touch of drama to our kitchen, although I think often times our conversations have enough drama their own, and so I am wondering if I should keep the rooms' palate soft and sweet. (like me.) (anyone who knows me knows that is the opposite of who I am.)







I also have seen this picture a few times and wonder-of-wonders, there are some picnic tables on Craigslist even now. Although I might get sick of it..... but maybe it would help with all of our SADness around here. And besides, James always says life with me is a picnic.





My other option is to just find a random assortment of chairs, and paint them white, just like the ones I already have. So we will see....... I am sure I will figure it out eventually. Usually I will receive inspiration at some inopportune moment, like in the middle of a patient's test, or during church, or when I am supposed to be sewing instead of blogging.........

3 comments:

christa said...

ooh - i like the black one.

jenica said...

Love your ideas! The picnic table WOULD be fun, but not very versatile.
Can't wait to see what you come up with!

downthegardenpath said...

it would have to be a very narrow picnic table to fit your space but oooh! i sure liked the one you had pictured. how about one with separate benches??