Saturday, April 18, 2009

Wedding Planner?

Not officially, but I am helping a friend decorate for her wedding this spring and I am having a blast doing it. She is getting married in northern Minnesota, and while the church is pretty basic the lodge where the reception is to be held is full of potential and will be so much fun to decorate!!!!!















































I admit half the fun of helping with the wedding is that I have a legitimate excuse to pour over Martha Stewart Weddings and dreamy wedding blogs like this one or this one. I have literally wasted hours daydreaming while I browse, and I thought I would share some of our inspiration photos and waste some of your time too, so I don't feel as bad! I hope you enjoy them too - but watch out, even if you have no wedding plans in the near or distant future you might just find yourself addicted.
(p.s all the photos above were taken from the two blogs I linked. and- i promise you I am much better at organizing wedding decorations than I was at getting all the above pictures lined up!)

6 comments:

JG Collection said...

I am SO on the same page as you Nat!! I LOVE wasting countless hours looking at pictures of parties all dected out!! I even have a scap book of my own made from pictures I tore out of magazines!! GREAT blog!

Stephanie said...

Hey, you're right those jars with the lilacs etc are gorgeous.. where can we find green tinted jars? I love them!

Jakob said...

sounds like a cool project. Good luck!

JG Collection said...

there is a thrift store up by fleet farm that has a whole room of assorted colored glass vases, jars, etc!! They even have them sorted by color!!! Makes for easy finds!! You should check it out!!

Secondstreetdesigns said...

which one is that? (i don't know where fleet farm is!) thanks for the good tip! And Steph- your mom asked me if I wanted the tinted jars with wire handles on them, and i said yes, so she must have gotten some somewhere.

JG Collection said...

Fleet farm is up near me....85th and 169/hwy81! I can't remember the name of the thrift store but it's on the East side of 169 on 85th. It's in a small plaza on the north side of the street! I hope that helps...but I'm sure it might not :( Next time I pass by it I will right down the name so I don't forget! It's a pretty nice one...LOTS of cool stuff!