Monday, August 31, 2009

Shameless CSA promotion

I started out the summer with good intentions: I would take a picture every week when I received my CSA box(es). Well, considering Thursday nights is swimming lessons and thus becomes one of the busiest nights of the week, I have barely had time to unpack my box with no time to squeeze a picture in.


But that doesn't mean we haven't been enjoying our CSA produce. We have eaten so many fruits and vegetables this summer you would think we should have all dropped 20 lbs. ( but we also have been working alot and haven't enjoyed time outdoors or at the gym like usual...... so maybe next summer.)


We aren't vegetarians, but we have been eating that way alot this summer. Another quick favorite is a deli chicken - it's a perfect pairing with all our fruits and veggies.


So if you don't have the luxury of having your own garden produce and you are contemplating joining a CSA next summer I would say to go for it! You will learn to cook with what you have, and your kids will probably join the fun and start eating more veggies too.

You can check here for local CSA's in your area.




No comments: