Wednesday, March 3, 2010

So very late...........





A few weeks ago we had a bunch of neighbors over for a grown-up night.






ahhh........ as much as I love Aidan, it seems we just don't have enough of those. I think we have cancelled every date we have had the past few months because someone always seems to be sick! But enough of that - this is the post about the one time we did have an adult night and the lovely neighbors we shared the evening with.





I switched all my photos to black and white except these first few because of some bad red-eye problems. Besides the colored ones feature a gift from one of my favorite aunts - which was a basketful of amazing French linens! I frequently slip photos of the linens onto my blog so she can be assured I am enjoying them!









I saw these pies here. Try them. I used roll out dough and some sour cherry-vanilla bean jam I made from our cherries last summer. Like I said - try them. Forget making pies- they are the way to go!



Linens.

Neighbors holding a baby. Babies are always welcome at a grown-up night out.









Is this real or fake? You decide.











The morning after. Someone let her child stay up after the party and watch more Olympics. It's history, right????






I did something I never do, and that is why I took pictures to show you. Instead of staying up all night to clean up the house and kitchen I let it wait until the morning. Really! James was mighty surprised as I am sure my mom is reading this. That is why I decided to prove it with photos.





Yep. I even left food out. I had to throw some away which reinforced the necessity of my usual clean-freak behavior.






Yep - chairs stayed in the middle of the room half the day.







I left for church with the kitchen looking like this. Unbelievable.










Here is where we watched the Olympics until the wee hours of the morning. Probably not my smartest move for a frequently sick child, but like I said before- they are like watching history in the making. And now he wants to be a snow-boarder.


So that is that.
The next neighborhood parties will be outside in the fresh air. Oh - I can't wait for spring to come.


2 comments:

Valerie said...

Looks like a wonderful party. You are right...I love knowing you are using and enjoying the linens. Thanks.

downthegardenpath said...

wow! Maybe there's hope for you yet....