Thursday, March 4, 2010

Do you have one of these?


Jane, (my MIL for those who don't know) gave me one for Christmas a few years ago.


I thought it was pretty neat, and I put it away with my cookie sheets figuring I would save it for "something special."


So two years roll by......... it is now Thanksgiving and my mom is helping me make some rolls, and she used the Silpat because it was already on the cookie sheet.



And the rest - as they say - is history.



I have been loving it ever since, and as a matter of fact I need to get a few more! Forget cooking spray and sticky messes - it is amazing. You can buy them here, but they also have them in cooking stores.


(I did try it with a Pavlova though and it didn't do the trick, you do really need parchment paper.)


1 comment:

swell.life said...

yes!

i am a huge fan of my silpat. use it for everything, but especially love it for sticky marinaded meat. it's the simplest clean up!!

i also have a giant roll-pat. the silpat's big brother. i love it for pie crusts and making cut out cookies.