Thursday, June 25, 2009

I can't put these books down!

No. not the Twilight series.

A few months ago I heard Ravvi Zacharias, an apologist, reference
City of Joy by Dominique Lapierre, a book that has always been on my "to read" list. When I went to Amazon.com someone was selling the books for a couple dollars each so I snagged a few by the same author hoping I would enjoy them, and I haven't been disappointed. They aren't by any means a quick read; they are full of facts, dates, names and places, but in spite of what would be overwhelming details, I have found them to be page turners and I cannot seem to put them down! I finished "Is Paris Burning" and now I am reading "O Jerusalem." Anyone looking for some interesting (yet educational) summer reading should check them out.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I would love to read O Jerusalem. I learned most of my WWII history years ago through Is Paris Burning? Hmmmmm..maybe that is where my fascination with all things Paris began. Am looking forward to enjoying the new look of the guest room. See you soon....

Secondstreetdesigns said...

i'll leave it on the nightstand for you.