Sunday, June 14, 2009

I've planned to post.

Really, I have. About the rest of the wedding and the trip Aidan took, the books I am reading and recipes I am cooking. The projects we are working on, the fact that James is home, what we did last week.............the list goes on and on, and I just haven't had time to be online! I have had to share the computer again, and we have not come to a compromise yet. (That is why I am posting at midnight!) Frankly, I am not used to having James home, but as he is now done with grad school he is here in the evenings which is fun, but different. (That didn't sound right. We both enjoy having you home, James. Aidan and I have just become accustomed to doing our own thing.) This whole family dinner/family activity/bedtime routine is really wearing me out! I don't know how you all do it!

But don't worry, it will all change soon. James will be done with his job come the end of June and then I am going to be the one who works all day, and I assume since he told me he would take care of my daily "chores" that I will have plenty of time in the evenings to put my feet up and relax at the computer. (I wish I knew how to add a little laughing soundbite to that sentence!) I guess he will have to take over my blog then too..... if I am not home to work on projects and hang out with Aidan, and if James is doing all the cooking I guess he will be the one posting all the recipes. You better get your appetites ready!

Well, it is rather late, and since I don't have time to download pictures and share an actual informative and worthwhile post, I better go to bed. But I will share this with you. I made some for lunch today, and oh- so yummy. I also have to remind you I only started eating beets last year and now I love them. So if the last time you ate beets was in grade school when your mom forced you to try them - you should give them a chance. (And FYI- you can save time and energy by just roasting the beets in one large foil packet, placed on a cookie sheet. )

Enjoy! And stay tuned!

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Thanks! I love beets. My current favorite way to eat them is with goat cheese and walnuts.

downthegardenpath said...

it's good to finally hear from you. you'll all settle into the new routines and the world will continue to spin. take a deep breath and realize that everything just could go well for all of you......

Nick said...

Good thing you posted. You were about to have a revolt on your hands from Kitty Grandma.

bethany said...

Busy lady!

I just rejoined the beet-loving team last weekend...had the most delicious beets that were actually served as a spread for bread. Odd, but tasty.