Thursday, June 25, 2009

So.......



..........I finished our table. It is now repainted and back in the kitchen where it belongs. I tried a new paint this time, and while I liked it for the chairs and some trim work I am doing, it didn't turn out so hot on the table. But then again, this table has been repainted three times, so maybe it is just protesting.


I also am more of a cheap-wad than I thought, and I decided to re-glue some of our existing chairs, repaint a few others and just buy some chair cushions. And one chair. And maybe another now in July thanks to my coupon. (I would insert a happy face here, but I don't know how, and besides I think they are kinda tacky.)



I sold a bunch of bags last week, so cash in hand I went to Anthro to finally buy the chair I have been salivating over for the past few months, and instead I found this one. I must have walked by it a countless times. It is cheaper, more comfortable and definitely more durable. And I rather like the mis-matched look as well.


I still have one chair left to refinish, and I have enlisted a friend to help me out. I can't quite figure out how to recover the arms and back. Thanks Janet.


And I also have to confess that I lost my steam. As you can see, I started painting the trim too. I stopped here and have yet to pick the brush back up again.
And while I am confessing my unfinished project list, I haven't painted the trim in the basement and it has been there for two years.




Maybe next week.

4 comments:

downthegardenpath said...

i'd been wondering if we were going to see the red chairs or not....
you'll pick up steam again now that your upstairs can stay cool (thanks to your friendly neighborhood electrician), maybe even make some real food for your son.

Michelle said...

I love the painted table and chairs! And the chair one from Anthropologie is very cute...love that store!

Stephanie said...

I love the chair. :)... and tacky smiley faces.

bethany said...

The table and chairs look amazing! I, too, am a sucker for a good mismatched table and chair set!