Thursday, January 14, 2010

Not sure......


..... what I am going to make for dinner this weekend.







Or maybe both. Her recipes are always amazing. And both recipes utilize the crockpot. How perfect is that for these busy, Minnesota winter days?


I don't know about you, but we seem to be so busy. I am totally swamped at work and that sweet kind man I live with informed Aidan's teacher that I just love to sew and help others. Don't get me wrong, I do, but sewing 25 costumes out of red satin with gold trim for the Chinese New Year celebration at Aidan's school, well..... that's a little different. But it is fun to be involved, and it is fun because at this point in his life Aidan is so proud to have his momma helping out at school. If only the costumes weren't satin. That is my most unfavorite fabric in the world to work with and I struggle so with it!


So that is what is going on at our house this week. If you are in the area and you want to come by and sew, maybe I'll feed you some soup. (This is one of those times I wished my mom lived down the street so she could help me!)
And stay tuned for pics of the costumes. I must say the kids have worked hard learning some amazing dances. I will try and take some good video for your viewing pleasure.




3 comments:

Micah said...

oh yum. I might have to try the bean one. Looks pretty amazing to me and I just love beans. Hope you posts pics of the costume project!

Jill said...

Oh no! Not the bean soup!!! The pulled brisket recipe looks awesome....oh- I have to find one! Never cooked a brisket before, I don't think. Think my kids would like it on a tortilla maybe NOT with the green onion slaw or red onions pickeled! LOL!! GOod luck!

downthegardenpath said...

i'd go for the brisket!! and i can't wait to see the videos of new years. satin, or not, i'm sure you'll do a great job.