Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sew Happy



Yesterday I had a few moms from Yinghua over and we sewed all. day. long. We actually had alot of fun and it was great to get to know some of the other parents better. All the parents pitched in with lunch, and Fung Laoshi (Aidan's teacher) made us homemade Chinese dumplings which were a real treat!





Here are a few pictures from our day and a little sneak peak of the children's dance. I was trying to film them discretely during one of their rehearsals using my phone instead of the big camera, so it isn't the best quality but fun to see nonetheless.




And the best news is, even though our numbers were few- we almost completed the costumes. A few people had to cancel, and the weather forecast was predicted to be uncooperative, so I imagined myself sewing all night long for the next month and my spirits started to wane, but the six of us pretty much wrapped everything up! All I have left to do is sew the ties on the tops and finish the waistband and hems on the pants! They did a great job! Thanks to all who helped.







Getting ready! I put Valentine's candy all around for them, but they were all so healthy! I had to ask James to hide the peanut butter M&M's or I would have finished off the bowl.





As you can see I did slap up some curtains in the windows. I am of yet undecided about the curtain issue, but I figured since I was having company I should have something there.







Happy sewers!





Fung Laoshi kept our coffee mugs full!




Ironing the shirts turned out to be the most challenging job ever but Kathy had an amazing technique.


She taught the rest of us how to do it.

We put our completed piles on the couch. The piles keep growing!


Lunch Break.


Thanks for all your hard work, ladies!


The end results. I will have to have Aidan model one for you. They look so cute! (even though the boys wear the same halter type top as the girls...... which takes a little getting used to, but it's cultural, right?

(Scroll down for video)
























3 comments:

downthegardenpath said...

Glad to hear it went well for you all.

qin said...

That was very nice to see. Thanks for all the mums make the beautiful costume for the kids. i am sure they will be the best in the new year performance.Way to go.

MB said...

that was kind of funny watching the kids dance their chinese new year dance to unchained melody :) i couldn't find aidan in the video though :( when is this big performance?