Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Dear Aidan,


This is the first letter I have written you on my blog, but today is a special occasion.



You are home sick with me today, and that means you are missing your "second ever" field trip. Today you were supposed to go to the Noodle Factory and I was so excited because this time I got to go with you! You also missed your first field trip to the apple orchard because you were sick. And both times you handled it like such a little man.



Oh, there were a few tears, but not the whiny kind. They were sad tears, but you knew you couldn't go because you didn't want to make your friends sick. I feel so badly for you sweetie, but I am so proud of you too, and I hope this is just a glimpse of the character we will see in you when you are not my little boy, but a grown man.



I am glad we were able to spend two days at home snuggled on the couch with books and movies, I can think of no better way to spend my time.



I hope this is the last time- I hope you are able to go on your next field trip, but even if you do there are lots of other disappointments ahead of you, and I pray that you handle them the same way you handled your disappointment today.

Love you.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Love the new look! Does this mean we are saying goodbye to esty and to the designs that came out of your workshop on second street?

And so sorry Aidan is missing his second field trip...

downthegardenpath said...

ahh...make me cry at work!

On Second Street said...

Val- I haven't quit yet - had just wanted to update for a long time and hadn't had the time. I wanted to make it a little more personal. Besides I have way too much fabric to be able to stop.
Mom- sorry. He made me get a little teary eyed too it is hard to see your kid have such a broken heart.