Thursday, December 10, 2009

A grey Christmas?

This year it took me quite a bit longer to decorate for the Holidays b/c I had to figure out how to rearrange my decorations and "swap" items from around the house. All my folksy red holiday decor didn't quite seem to fit with the grey living room, so I had to rethink how I arranged everything!

I know I said it before, but I am telling you again - empty frames are a blast to decorate with!!













I am also still obsessed with using old jello molds for tea lights. They look so elegant when lit, and they reflect the light beautifully.

I really meant to have photos of the tree decorating, but here is how it went at our house.
Aidan: "Mom, can I help you?"
Me: "Sure honey," as I start to put the ornaments on.
Aidan: "No mom, I want to help you. Please let me do the ornaments. I can do it myself. I promise I will spread them out on the tree."
Me: "Okay then, I will sit on the couch and let you do it. "
Thirty minutes later a sweet voice woke me up to tell me he is finished.
It was a lovely family evening. Complete with a nap for me.

What about you? Is your tree up yet? Are you getting ready? Or, like me, are you napping while your child does the work?



3 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute decorations!!

downthegardenpath said...

looks like you've managed to pull it off again! glad you have such a good helper.

Valerie said...

Lovely and calming