Saturday, December 4, 2010

its beginning to look a lot like christmas in the .......

......kitchen.




a vintage tin my grandma j. passed on to me. it was always full of jelly belly's. (at my house it is sadly, empty.)








I love vintage ornaments....... and the little blond boy who made it into the photo.









speaking of little boys....... have you ever tried making a gingerbread house with one?
ours was falling apart faster than we could put it back together so we came up with a new plan.
it's called "bombed out gingerbread house."
you should try it next year because they are waaayyyyy easier.




10 comments:

bethany said...

Bombed out gingerbread house is the best idea...EVER. Making a gingerbread house always sounds like a great idea. But once you're in the throws, you realize how very, very wrong you were. This is my favorite gingerbread to date :)

Oh, and were in the world did you find those adorable white mini-christmas trees? Or did you make them?

And, I was wondering if I'd see you at Crafternoon! I meant to email you to ask, but it completely slipped my mind. See you there! :)

MommaMindy said...

So, there is this little crafter's secret I will let you know about. Either mom makes the frosting and puts it together the night before, giving it time to firm up, or she pulls out the HOT GLUE GUN. :) We've also made little villages out of graham crackers hot glued together. The kids never eat the house, anyway, just the candy off of it.

downthegardenpath said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valerie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
On Second Street said...

thanks for the tips ladies. I may try the hot glue gun next year, or, as Val suggested I may leave perfection to my mom and continue with the current theme. I will put our photo back after Christmas, Val.

On Second Street said...

and Val, your comments made me laugh.

downthegardenpath said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barb said...

Dying to know about how your cookies turned out and the cookie exchange. Details, my dear, we want details.

Valerie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valerie said...

Testing